AN UPDATE AFTER MONTHS

Dear diary,

Hi there, currently 5am now (procrastinated to finish this entry and now it's 3 days later), in a pretty decent state of mind. Was a mentally rough week for reasons I'm too embarrassed to divulge. Anyways, teen angst is still prevalent even in my mid twenties, and I've seen some people in their thirties with an evolved state of angst, I suppose it never truly goes away.

My habits is a bit messed up now, to the point I no longer name my meals in the normal convention such as breakfast lunch and dinner, it's difficult to predict which will be my first meal, so I'll settle with naming it first/second/third meal... if very hungry, nth meal. 

I just came back from the convenience store, well, 4 hours ago, met with one of my room mate's potential romantic partner and his friend, interesting culture, interesting people, much social anxiety, both of them have luscious arm fur.

This feeling is nice, quiet, in the room, everyone asleep, another room mate is gonna have a discussion with her bf tomorrow.

Also was introduced to a rather odd vegetable that is supposedly bring many health benefits (it tastes nasty though).

Feeling quite happy. Being detached is the way to go after all, independence bring forth peace of mind. My lizard brain have needs, took me quite awhile to cave in, I'm certain it's impossible to fight it, however, some needs are easier to fulfill than others.

The night belongs to me, and the myriad of baby roaches on the floor, scuttling about. 

Here's some nice pictures of my time in Taiwan so far. 

Shifen Waterfall, actually I found this angle quite dull (both metaphoric and literal), but the other angles weren't photogenic

Some little concert me and my room mates stumbled upon (pictures not chronogical, I wanted the waterfall to be in the front)

Free pizza! Not sure why there's so many free stuff in the first semester, it subsided on the second :'(

Temple puppet show, much colors

Demi Lovato is depressed I suppose, seems like a huge struggle with drugs and depression, not sure which one caused which one

Beef noodles, ugh, so good but so expensive

Solo travel trip! I'll never forget that accomplished feeling when I got to the top of teapot mountain overlooking Yin Yan sea, what a breathtaking sight


Some simple rock climbing skills needed, I was reluctant at first, then I see elderly people managing, and then children came down too, I needed some guidance using the rope cuz I have no sense of hand eye coordination

Jiu Fen A-Mei tea house, where twas claimed the inspiration of spirited away took place

Glad I was the only tenant

The place got nice view, the owner was incredibly chatty, he was quite isolated since covid brought down number of customers to like... 0 that day




Another angle to Shifen Waterfall <3

My last meal for the trip, I was so dead hungry

There's too many pictures, the next entry will include a more diverse range of random pictures of some of the enjoyable moments.

It's interesting to note that the trip cost quite low, probably around 2k ntd, despite all these new experiences, 10 outta 10 would do it again.

One thing I really like about it here is how I'm so exposed to many different new things, and trying out all kinds of new things, and the best part is I'm not forcing it or anything, really helps you change perspective in many stuffs. I like it hashtag feeling positive. Makes me think that maybe I'll never want to settle down.

The next next entry will include different study places, lots of beautiful chill place here in NCTU

Comments

Popular Posts