Dear diary,

Yasss, after all these time I've finally successfully tied my hair up into a bun with a chopstick...with ease!

I've been watching a bunch of tutorials on how to do that but all of them failed me, the reason? Cuz most of them tutorials showcases Caucasians with their sorta blonde hair, it took me hours and a bit of " why on Earth can't I do it?? They make it look so effortless" to suspect that it's the hair type. I remembered there was once a Caucasian YouTuber(Simon and Martina) who lived in Korea and gotten herself many haircuts, but most of the hairdressers ruined her hair cause Asian hair and Caucasian hair is simply too different. In the end she found a hairdresser who actually knows how to handle her more sensitive, softer.. probably thinner in diameter, hair.

So I guess that's why all those hair tutorials didn't work for me, my hair is extremely Asian, which what I suspect, means it's extremely thick both in diameter and volume, rougher and more "slippery".

So in the end I had to type how to make a hair bun Asian hair with chopstick, and only are there useful tutorials for me. In which I learned, and successfully sorta recreated it. So Yay, I'll most probably be hogging one stick of the pair of chopsticks, so SO is probably going to be a little unsettled with this, since SO really love eating noodles with those chopsticks, maybe I'll buy some more chopsticks from the 2 ringgit shop nearby someday, it'll be better too, I can choose the one which is pointier at the end for better penetrating ze hair.

On a different topic, I accidentally made some really delicious creamy cabbage and cheese and bacon spaghetti..  sounds weird but the sauce was really creamy and umami.

Basically I boiled the hell out of some cabbages in highly salted water first, made me think back of an experiment I did in high school where we boiled a leaf in a test tube for a while for it to turn really soft, the reasoning behind it is to basically break the cellular walls which contributes to the leaf's structural integrity, and those walls are pretty tough, so the water needs to be boiling for awhile for it to be broken, only then will the leaf turn real soft. So that's what I did, boiled it violently.

Later on I scooped out the cabbages, and cooked the spaghetti in the same pot of boiling water, once that's cooked, which is around more or less 5 minutes? I scooped that out and put it in the same plate as the cabbages, scooped out some pasta water for later, and throw in half a spoonful of butter, I think I  accidentally burnt it, put in one strip of bacon, sizzle it for awhile, then throw in the pasta, cabbage, and water and a slice of cheese, twirl it around until some of the water evaporates and Wallah,  dang delicious lunch is readeh. Oh, I also splashed some peri peri sauce, but I think that ruined the taste a bit.

Since SO was out with his friends for 2 whole days, I've had some alone time I think I've sort of needed these past few days. I didn't feel lonely at all as a matter of fact I felt sort of refreshed. Also had the whole room to myself. Which is real nice.

The coffee no longer have any effect on me now, I've drank the whole bottle and I'm still Hella sleepy now. Gonna play some pixel dungeon on all challenge mode, read some Sapiens and sleep now I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts