Terminal 2018 Movie Review

Much like almost all of the people who liked Terminal, I don't get the hate surrounding it. I read the reviews before watching it, and was surprised to find so many people disliking it, but still, I don't quite believe them until I watched it myself. I did not regret it, it was Not a complete waste of time, it's actually very entertaining.

People say that the story arch doesn't quite make sense, yeah okay fair enough but it's not that bad, there are really good ones in it. The other movies, do they all make sense? It's a movie, it's suppose to entertain, and Terminal delivered. There are also people saying how they figured the plot a mile away, well, I guess they must be super smart and something, because Annie being apparently two people completely got me off guard, and Mr. Franklin being the Night Supervisor I only figured out at the ending of the film, among other plot twists.

Overall, every single one of the actors performance was astounding, especially Margot's, hers was just wow, so astounding, every one of her poses and stares and expression, it's just enjoyable to watch. I loved Simon Pegg's as well, and Myers.

As a matter of fact, I think that the ratings for John Wick and Terminal should've been switched, really not sure why John Wick got such a good review when the story is so stale and it sort of become a mindless pew pew pew action, all the way, no interesting visuals or anything like that, INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY generic and repetitive. Time dragged when I watched John Wick.

I think there are a few possibilities why it got so much hate.
1) High expectations, the trailer does look really good, but it's kind of a Suicide Squad thing, where the trailer hyped up the expectation, but the movie is meh, or even Moana, all strictly my opinion
2) Limited to a few places, that slightly claustrophobic feeling when everything is done in the sort of same neon lit and hue lighting environment, it doesn't seem like a world, it feels like a stage play, maybe that made people uncomfortable, there's no sense of open air-ness, I think.

Other than that I don't think there's much to hate about this movie, there's some people saying that it's a Quentin Tarantino rip off, but... I don't really enjoy pulp fiction that much though...

I admit it is not exactly life changing or inspirational or anything like that, It's an entertaining movie, and I would watch clips of it again surely.

But maybe it's just me.

Comments

Popular Posts