Two things to record down today: Hot Pot at Home and Dead Space

Dear diary,

Ahhh, finals week is here, the stress still haven't exactly set in yet, but it'll come I suppose. Now I'm just enjoying the post FYP stress free atmosphere. I had a bunch of self improvement plans like improving my social competence and stuff like that, but after two overly in-my-face social failure I've experienced, I say eh why not just enjoy life instead of pushing myself to do things that I don't really like nor am good at, of course I'll still work on it, perhaps reaching out to old friends and what not... on second thought maybe not, I dunno, we'll see. The new ones will come all in good time I guess, hopefully...

Just gonna jot down this fun little thing I did, hot pot at home, cool stuff. Twas delicious. We were trying to recreate that buffet feeling, since we felt that driving all the way to Ipoh and spending 80 bucks for a buffet meal was a bit of a hassle,  we decided to spend 80 bucks for a lot of food, with a bunch of variety, at the comforts of our homes, for two hot pot/grill buffet meals! It's good.

I quite like the Japanese ish table, we would sit on the floor and enjoy the meal. Kimchi was pretty nice, if it wasn't so expensive I would have definitely bought a huge bucket, and I genuinely like it, not cuz I'm influenced by the K-Pop trend, although I am a big fan of one of the girl groups: Mamamoo.




Da's sister bought the soup base from this famous chinese buffet chain restaurant ish thingy, I dunno the term, my vocabulary is highly limited, tomato flavour, it's popular, but in my insignificant little opinion, I thought it was meh, however, I suppose, after boiling it consistently with the other foods, the taste did improve significantly, HOWEVER, doesn't that also work with plain water too? Ah well.

Moving on, Dead Space. I finally finished it, in three days straight, actually the second and the third day can be considered as one session, so basically I played like two sessions straight, totalling up to 12.8 hours according to my Steam Account. Since the second session was from around 9 ish to 1 o'clock, which in a way covers two days. Note I played it on easy mode, medium mode proved to be way too traumatic for me, making me just stress out and not really enjoy the story, plus the information overload gosh I remember. Alright, easy mode, still died a bunch of times though, Isaac's a slow fella, probably shouldn't blame him, he is after all my pawn in this hellish nightmarish world.

The story proved to be pretty interesting, illegal mining activity, man made replica of alien life form, government secret, mind manipulating relics, taking over dead people life forms, hive minds aliens, treachery! Romeo and Juliet ish love story where Nicole dies from self lethal injection, the whole package, of course, nothing beats Bioshock, Bioshock would always have that special little place in my heart, being the first FPS game I've ever played. I do like the tiny little things I can do, like Kinetics and Stasis, and the tiny little mission I must embark, like killing the pods and facing the Leviathan, ooh not to mention blasting asteroids with the ship's gun, and the mini puzzles like needing to move the big boxes in order to move through, or like blasting the self regenerative life forms with a shuttle rocket, or trapping it in cryogenics ice. Dang, I love it, in easy mode, not medium, never hard, impossible mode is unlocked though, don't think I'll ever touch that. Cool stuff, 10/10 would recommend. Little complain, why would they even scare us like that at the ending, it's rather discomforting, now the ending could be interpreted as a bad one since maybe Isaac really did get attacked by a zombified Nicole, or maybe, just maybe that he's just hallucinating from grief, goos thing Dead Space 2 is out, haven't read the synopsis yet, but glad Isaac didn't die getting attacked.

All right, guess that it all, gonna read up on a bunch of deadspace 123 in case I missed out on anything juicy, then maybe gonna do some henna, then camera ready, then French and Multimedia finals. Good times, hopefully the humiliation would no longer come floating back up, gosh that thought is so emotionally driven and irrational, I wish it would stop, I wish I could believe that.


Comments

Popular Posts