Masdaam cheese is my favourite cheese

Dear diary,

Masdaam, a hole lot of nutty flavor, they're right, it's one of my favorite cheese right now.


Not many cheese gave me such a high from eating it, other than Masdaam, so far that is, even Emmental, which is a more expensive version of Masdaam, Masdaam was born because cheese-maker wanted a more cost efficient cheese, that's why there's Masdaam, basically made up by the same components as Emmental, but aged much quicker.

Eat it with a cracker, it's heaven.

I love it's slightly fruity flavor and scent that it gives off, a slight sweetness and a little bit of saltiness, it's slightly crumbly texture, I don't know, I don't really know how to describe it, I just agree with people's description describing it.

Bought it at NTUC from Singapore on a voucher, so it's sort of free. We bought Masdaam and another one is Monterey Jack, da was pretty hyped with Monterey Jack since he heard from I dunno where it's the epitome of cheese or something like that, I'll have to do more research.

Upon research, just knew that Monterey Jack is named rather... forcefully. Basically there's this corrupted land owner named Jack, stole some land in Monterey through some loophole, and claimed everything that's produced on the land as his own, including some sort of cheese brought back by some Spanish missionaries. Found out the profitability of the cheese, and started distributing it everywhere, slapping the cheese with his own name on it, Jack's cheese... Soon the cheese became popular, and people kept asking for Monterey Jack's cheese.

What an asshole.

Comments

Popular Posts