Biggest achievement so far

Dear diary,

So, like, won the best paper award like, few months ago, and this month came out in the newspaper. One part of me was ecstatic, another part was hecking embarrassed.

Went to look for my supervisor the other day, and she said that her friends thought they took a younger picture of her and merged it with her current picture, since the news had both our pics together... which means, people think I look like her... a younger version of her, I don't even know how to feel. (internal autistic screaming)

Anyways, so yeah, I suppose the plan for my next 2-3 years is pretty clear now, best case scenario, get the grant, get 2k per month for both when I'm in Malaysia and Taiwan and I can finally achieve the dream of me being financially independent, worst case scenario, I fail this semester, need to extend another semester, don't get the grant, however no matter what I'll still have to get dem masters.

Yeah, I suppose I should sort of brief through the Singapore trip, so, the slightly stressful part was having to practice and edit the slides till late night and hurriedly and practice everything, but the good thing is, ayy, it's Singapore, going and presenting at a conference is something I've never done all my life, a challenge with guidance, I feel really happy I got this opportunity.
Also there's a bunch of food so I'm really happy, also I get to travel alone in a very safe environment, also also, at that same time frame SO was there, so it's pretty nice.

Although from that point of time up till now, lot's of things have happened, we broke up, and reconciled in one day... and there was some slight violence involved, slight, but violence nonetheless. But it's all good now.

Back to Singapore trip, I do like the stuff offered there.


Ugh, there's so many things that happened from that point up till now that I don't even really know what to jot down.

It's a fairly good life, I'm at a point where I'm pretty satisfied with life except for one point, I'm still not financially independent, and one of my resolutions for this year is to do that, hopefully the grant goes through and I can achieve that dream by this year.



First thing we ate there with SO and his family, sushi express

Ate so much

Awfully chocolate is awfully delicious


Love their cheese selection man


Waiting outside the mall

Just chillin outside the mall

Love how there's avocado drinks everywhere, at first I thought it taste weird, but after a few more sips it really grows on you

Interesting hanging deco in one of the malls

Japanese street, fancy and interesting, whole street selling Japanese food

With the power of my fart, I shall propell myself from this building to the next!

Really good, localized ramen, it's much nicer than the one in Japan I suppose.

I, love, this dessert, pretty cheap too

Cheap chocolate haul


Some of Miammiam's food, actually there's a miamiam in Penang as well Paragon, but it closed down

Lobster something something, it's incredibly meh


Squid ink something something, again, incredibly meh

My aunt took me to check out some stuff in the mall opposite where they are staying and I was very impressed by their free local, public library, in Malaysia, this belonged to some sort of premium membership lounge or something.

Quiet room



Ate some Vietnamese cuisine

Yeah, from the same shop the dessert that I love, but my aunt didn't really know what to get, even they don't like it, by the end of the day I was hecking stuffed, because previously I already ate, and also it was a mistake to buy the burger and the drink and the same time I suppose just now, the yam soy drink is actually enough for my dinner.

Moving on to the day of reckoning, NTU, just waiting for my supervisor, went and checked out some of their photography by their students, I still remember, it was pretty impressive in my opinion

The conference... the dude in front was actually snoring


Best part of the conference, so, much, food, I love it, there's tea break buffet, lunch break buffet, and coffee break buffet, free flow food, tea and coffee


Just walkin round by myself, don't mind me now


Yay, supervisor got me tickets to go to the night Safari and have some sort of buffet dinner, I was really happy

Didn't get to take much photos though...

Quite like their bathroom design


Buffet place

Om nom nom




Didn't get to take much photos, night safari my camera can't really capture anything in the dark



Night safari show, I was entertained

Ahh, last day, at the airport

Had a bunch of time so I went exploring

When they say it's the best airport I don't deny it

So many things to look at and do while waiting for your flight, you almost wish that your flight is delayed for a whole day just so you can use all the amenities available, this exhibit is called Peranakan Love Story and I loved the effects

Some mural paintings that represents olden Singaporean life, pretty similar to the ones in Penang, the feeling that it gives portraying how last time inhabitants lived.

Only complaints about this airport is that they chucked my laptop

Nice little mini house show casing how some typical rich ancient asian family in Singapore looks like

Beautiful work of art

They actually maintains a real Koi fish pond just for this temporary exhibit


All in all, I loved Singapore as a tourist, my dad really dislike Singapore for some reason, probably some hard times and traumatic experiences for him there, said that he feels suffocated even when he steps in the island.

So yeah, overall pretty interesting trip. Get to travel all by myself, spend time with SO and aunt, get to go on a conference, very fulfilling wholesome trip.

10/10 would do it again.



Comments

Popular Posts