CAFFEINE DOESN'T WORK ALONE

Dear diary,

I am currently into a new habit. Caffeine and exercise.

I realized it by accident one day. I've always thought that caffeine might exacerbate my symptoms of "depression", I'm not officially diagnosed, but the symptoms are something similar, hence the quote unquote. Basically, I'd have no motivation at all to wake up, no motivation at all to go to sleep, unable to focus with my work, unable to do anything productive and wallow in a pool of self hate and pity.

Anyways, one fine day I tried coffee, it didn't work alleviate the symptoms, I just feel super anxious and my heart's beating really fast, I couldn't get to sleep and my focus was worse than ever.

Then one fine day I tried exercise, it also didn't help alleviate symptoms, however, it did help me get better naps. But I don't want to nap. I feel so tired in the afternoon that I'll nap for long hours and not be able to sleep at night.

So I tried coffee and exercise, and it was great. I don't feel like crap, my exercise was more energetic and I have more motivation to push myself to exercise more. And after the exercise followed by a cold bath, which shocks my body into up-taking more oxygen I think. Coming out of the bath after that feels awesome.

Now I can concentrate and just generally feel really at peace with life. So. Future me, I hope you remember these steps, it's totally worth it to spend a couple hours in the morning with this ritual, you'll be more productive during the afternoon too.

1.) Eat hearty breakfast
2.) Take few sips of coffee
3)Exercise while continually sipping coffee, remember to breathe deep breathes, and push yourself
4)Cold shower afterwards
5)Make sure the room is cool, cheap standing fan will do the trick
6)Do work

Comments

Popular Posts